Collections

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Level Collection Remove constraint Level: Collection Year 2002 Remove constraint Year: <span class="single" data-blrl-single="2002">2002</span>

Search Results

 
Robert Berry (born 1940) is an actor, playwright, and teacher. While a student in the Theater Department at Indiana University Bloomington in the summer of 1962, he wrote, directed, produced, and starred in a feature-length psychological horror film, "House of Dreams". The film, which was shot entirely without professional help with a budget of $10,000, is perhaps the first feature-length film created primarily by Indiana University students. The film was shot in Decker and Vincennes, Indiana and utilized the historic Sam Jordan House as the haunting centerpiece of the story. "House of Dreams" premiered in Vincennes on September 11, 1963. Given the involvement by local citizens and representation of small Southern Indiana towns, it was heralded locally as a distinctly "Hoosier" film.
 
The I Association (formerly I-Men Association (1913-2006) and I-Women Association (1982-2006)) honors exceptional athletes at Indiana University Bloomington. This collection contains files about I Association alumni events and event planning, Board of Directors meeting information, I Association membership, and email, letter, and memo correspondence between I Association staff and alumni.
 

9. Willkie Residence Center scrapbooks and other materials, 1962-2007, bulk 1968-1981 1 cubic foot (4 scrapbooks, 3 legal folders and 1 oversize folder)

The Wendell L. Willkie Quadrangle opened in the fall of 1964 as a residence hall for men and women, and was rededicated as the Willkie Residence Center in 2000. This collection contains four scrapbooks that were compiled by staff of the Willkie Quadrangle residence hall between 1968 and 1981. The scrapbooks contain photographs, newspaper clippings, event pamphlets, and other materials that document staff and resident events during their respective time periods. In addition, the collection contains loose photographs of Willkie staff and leadership teams from 2004-2007, as well as loose newspaper clippings and other materials documenting Willkie residents and staff from the late 1960s to the early 1980s.
 

10. J. Gus Liebenow Collection, 1882-2011 18 cubic feet (18 records cartons)

J. Gus Liebenow was a professor emeritus of political science at Indiana University. Starting his tenure in 1958, Liebenow also served as the dean for Research and Advanced Studies as well as vice president and dean of Academic Affairs. In 1961, he also found the University's African Studies Program. This collections consists of lecture notes, personal files, department records, Liebenow's writings, and materials from numerous organizations he was affiliated with.
 

12. Bai T. Moore Papers, 1919-2004 23 cubic feet; (22 records cartons; 1 oversized materials box.)

Bai T. Moore was a renowned poet and author whose work was greatly influenced by his experiences growing up in Liberia. In addition to Moore's career as a writer, he served as a government official for several years, first as Chief of the Liberian Bureau of Agriculture, and later, as Deputy Minister of Information, Cultural Affairs and Tourism. This collection consists of government papers, ethnographic materials, published works, manuscripts, and drafts of his writings.
 

14. Jeanette Carter Papers, 1928-2013 23 cubic feet; (23 records cartons)

The Jeanette Carter Papers spans the dates 1928-2014. Renowned anthropologist on West Africa and women, this collections includes her research on women in Liberia and the Gambia, personal accounts of the Liberian Civil War, her field notes, research on ethnic groups, and extensive reports, publications and news articles on Liberia.
 

17. Office of the Dean of the Faculties/Executive Vice Chancellor Records, 1966-2007 309.1 cubic feet (308 cartons, 2 document boxes, and 1 flat box)

Online
This collection contains the records of the Office of the Dean of the Faculties and of the Executive Vice Chancellor. The dean of the faculties is the chief academic officer at IUPUI and oversees the development and administration of academic programs, faculty appointments, professional development, promotion and tenure, and academic support operations. The executive vice chancellor is the second highest ranking administrator in the IUPUI administration. The title was created in 1973, and generally the person holding that position has also been the dean of the faculties. The collection includes correspondence, memoranda, minutes, reports, university publications, and files documenting the dean of the faculties/executive vice chancellor's role in the development of IUPUI's academic programs and the administrator's involvement with community, regional, and national organizations.
 

22. Jan Shipps Papers, 1970-2005 3.25 cubic feet (3 cartons and 1 document box)

This collection contains the papers of Professor Jan Shipps, a faculty member at IUPUI from 1973-1995. She taught in the Departments of History and Religious Studies and in the American Studies Program. She served as the director of the Center for American Studies and as a research associate for the POLIS Center. She is a nationally recognized expert on Mormonism and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This collection contains correspondence, memoranda, minutes, reports, and research materials relating to Shipps's work as a faculty member and administrator and to her research interests.
 

24. IU Board of Trustees Records, 1966-2012 11 cubic feet (9 cartons and 6 document boxes)

The Indiana University Board of Trustees is the governing body of Indiana University. By agreement in the merger of the Indianapolis campuses of Indiana University and Purdue University in 1969, the resulting IUPUI would be governed by the IU Board of Trustees. Records include minutes, agendas, and other records.
 

26. Translations mss., 1800-2010 2 Boxes (2 standard)

Translations mss., ca. 19th-21st centuries, consist primarily of manuscripts of literary translations, either from a foreign language into English or in some cases from English into another language. Also present are letters from authors to translators of their work or from the translators to the authors they translate.
 

41. Reed mss., 1950-2005 2 Boxes

The Reed mss., 1950-2005, consist of the papers of scholar Peter Reed related to Kurt Vonnegut, including correspondence, book proofs, commercial recordings, recorded interviews, and copies of early Vonnegut publications.
 
The Capra Press mss., 1955-2010 , contain the correspondence, book production materials, manuscripts, galleys, printing records, and cost sheets of printer/publisher Noel Young of Santa Barbara, California.
 
The Kenneth R. Haslam, MD collection at The Kinsey Institute contains materials related to polyamory. It consists of conference materials, Internet resources, media coverage, and research articles, as well as Dr Haslam's personal correspondence and papers originally delivered at poly-oriented meetings, sex research and sex therapy conferences. Additionally, there are materials from several other donors relating to research, media response, and community communications and publications. The bulk of the collection represents the work of Dr. Haslam and other poly-activists from 2000 to the present, with contributions from earlier polyamory writers and activists dating from the 1970's. Dr. Haslam's decision to develop the polyamory collection at The Kinsey Institute reflects his interest in providing information and educating the public about polyamorous relationships. The collection includes biographical information about Kenneth Haslam, who has been a leader in organizing and documenting the polyamory community, and in introducing polyamory into the academic sphere. Dr. Haslam's presentations, featured in this collection, are geared towards educating professionals, practitioners, the public and the poly-community; they form a framework for understanding polyamory, along with snapshots of the lifestyles and communities. Many different polyamory groups and communities are represented in the collection, including the 1970's Kerista Community and the Church of All Worlds in the U.S., and international materials, such as Dutch language publications from The Netherlands. The collection also contains newsletters that were the precursors of Loving More magazine, a complete collection of Loving More magazine. The vast array of Internet community resources includes list-servs, blogs and journals, and websites. Examples are archives of the website "Polyamorous Percolations," "Swingercast," the swingers' podcast, Unitarian Universalists for Polyamory Awareness materials, and archives of various web-based discussion groups. There is a polyamory bibliography containing a variety of materials, including books on the subject that are held by the Kinsey Institute.
 
The materials in this collection are related to Ira L. Reiss, a sociologist specializing in the study of human sexuality. This collection contains biographic information, correspondence, publications/research, lectures, and AV recordings. Reiss's total collection spans an impressive 57 years, from 1953 to 2010 and Reiss will soon be adding new material.
 
The Davidson-Moore Collection contains materials related to the research of Dr. J. Kenneth Davidson Sr., professor emeritus of sociology and former coordinator of family studies at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and Dr. Nelwyn B. Moore, professor emeritus, Texas State University-San Marcos. The collection currently includes correspondence, publications, research, grant applications, presentations/lectures, and a categorized/ numbered collection of 10,000+ articles regarding the topics of Contraception, Family Planning, Physiology, Sex Attitudes, Sex Behavior, and Sex Knowledge. Davidson and Moore have refereed many published manuscripts, of which the collection includes much original data and research material. The topics of the publications include sexual fantasies, premarital sexual intercourse, college-level sex education, sex attitudes and behavior, female sexuality, guilt, masturbation, parenting, orgasm, and contraception.
 

55. 26th Amendment Collection, 1946-2021 2.5 linear feet (8 document cartons, 1 small document carton, and 423 GB of digital files.)

Consists of documentation of the movement to lower the voting age to 18 culminating in ratification of the 26th Amendment to the Constitution in 1971 and of retrospective interviews and discussions of the movement by those who participated in it.
 
The Money collection includes professional correspondence (1950-2004); lectures, presentations, and audiovisual materials (1960s-2004); articles and clippings (1973-2000); including thousands of reprints and pamphlets on a broad range of sex education and research topics, scientific journals and erotic magazines (1940s-2000); a complete holding of his manuscripts and publications; scientific, erotic and pornographic journals and magazines (1949-1985); conference programs and papers, photo albums, and information, and materials relating to sex research organizations and conferences.
 
The Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association (HBIGDA) Collection consists of materials related to the activities of HBIGDA, a multi-disciplinary professional organization dedicated to the research and treatment of gender identity disorders. This collection contains organizational information, symposium materials and publication, correspondence and miscellaneous material.
 
The Leonore Tiefer Collection contains over 900 monographs extensively covering topics such as Women's Studies, Feminism, Clinical Psychology, and Human Sexuality. Her collection also includes several educational videos, educational slides, and personal photo albums of attended professional conferences. Archival collection currently being processed.
 
The International Academy of Sex Research collection consists of correspondence relevant to academy elections, membership, conferences, publications, and day-to-day operations between the years 1976 and 2002. It also contains some financial information—primarily IASR bank statements, bank stubs, and photocopies of checks from dues.
 
The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) was founded in 1993 by Cheryl Chase, herself an intersexual who underwent female sex assignment and clitorectomy in early childhood. Her goal was to support and advocate for intersexuals by increasing awareness and acceptance of their various conditions and by discouraging medical professionals from surgically assigning gender to intersexed infants who are unable to consent to the procedure. In 2003 Cheryl retired from her position as director of the ISNA, passing the direction of the organization to Monica Casper, with Jane Goto acting as her assistant. In a posting on the bodieslikeours.org message boards in June 2003, Monica Casper described the goals of the ISNA very clearly: "Our mission is to end shame, secrecy and unwanted surgery for people with intersex conditions. We are a policy/advocacy organization working toward systemic social change… At the heart of ISNA's mission is fostering social acceptance of all bodies – be they intersex or not, trans or not, queer or not – and fostering informed consent for people to decide what happens to their bodies. Many people with intersex conditions have choice stripped from them when they are operated on as children, while many trans people have choice stripped from them when they are unable to obtain the surgical care they want and need." This collection contains a great deal of correspondence from people with intersex conditions looking for information and support, from urologists and sexologists, and from people affected by ISNA's many press releases who wish to express support. The collection also includes a huge number of academic articles on intersex issues as well as popular press articles intended to raise awareness about intersex issues. Key Members and their positions at the time of these materials: Cheryl Chase, Founding Director (1993-2003) Monica Casper, Director (2003) Alice Dreger, Chair (1996-2005) Robin Mathias, Chief Financial Officer (2001- ) Sherri Groveman, Treasurer and Founder of the Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome Support Group Jane Goto, Operations Manager (2003- )
 
The Whipple Collection contains materials related to Beverly Whipple, PhD, RN, FAAN, a professor Emeritus at Rutgers University and a certified sex educator, counselor, researcher, and sexologist. This collection contains biographical material, correspondence, publications, research files and miscellaneous material. Much of the research included in this collection is devoted to female sexuality and pain control.
 

64. Marsha Adler's America Reads Collection, 1997-2017 1 Cubic Feet (1 record carton, including 1 VHS tape)

Adler, Marsha
This collection contains predominantly publications and reports of the America Reads Challenge program with correspondence, news clippings, posters, and a VHS. The America Reads Challenge, a national movement, was started to promote and ensure children's literacy in 1997 as part of President Clinton's Call to Action for Education. The publications are from the America Reads Challenge office creating teaching materials and guidebooks, and institutions that received grants for the program review by Marsha Adler, who was a director of Higher Education at the America Reads Challenge office.
 

65. Extensions of the Tradition concert series, 1994-2017 1 document case (0.21 linear feet)

African American Arts Institute (Indiana University, Bloomington)
Extensions of the Tradition is an annual event featuring a concert of music by black composers with related exhibits and programs, co-sponsored by Indiana University's African American Arts Institute, the AAAMC, and the Jacobs School of Music. The event is documented through program booklets, flyers, photographs, and video and audio recordings.
 
Agency for Instructional Technology
The Agency for Instructional Technology (formally 1973-2015) was a non-profit organization based in Bloomington, Indiana that produced and distributed educational television and multimedia programs to schools in the United States and Canada. This collection contains the organization's administrative records, publications, and production files.
 

69. Brookins v. South Bend Community School Corporation (SBCSC) collection (Civil Rights Heritage Center), 1954-2013, Bulk 1980-1983 6.4 cubic feet (4 standard records cases, 1 legal-size documents case, 1 letter-size documents case, and 1 oversize flat storage case.)

Albert, David W., 1939-
This collection contains documents related to South Bend, Indiana attorney David W. Albert's involvement as the legal representative for Brookins, et al. in the lawsuit of Brookins v. South Bend Community School Corporation (SBCSC) starting in 1980. The Brookins party alleged that the SBCSC and its representatives had engaged in various acts of discrimination with the intent and effect of segregating students and faculty on the basis of race in the South Bend, Indiana public school system. After the SBCSC decided on a desegregation plan, the Brookins party argued in court that the proposed plan would involve closing schools in the system that were racially integrated or could be easily integrated, therefore working against the goal of desegregation. The collection includes legal documents from the proceedings of the case itself; research files utilized by Albert to gather and present statistics and data about racial distribution within the South Bend community and schools in the SBCSC; and research into legal precedent established by prior cases related to school desegregation. The collection also includes minutes from SBCSC Board of Trustees meetings from 1977-1987 and documents related to the SBCSC Community Advisory Committee that was formed to provide community input on the formation of the desegregation plan, including Albert's participation in the Facilities Subcommittee in the early 1980s.
 

71. J. Chester and Elizabeth Fletcher Allen papers (Civil Rights Heritage Center), 1860, 1928-2005 8.15 cubic feet (One full-size records case, one letter-size documents case, twenty-six shelved books, and oversize material in flat storage.)

Allen, J. Chester, 1900-1980
Mr. J. Chester Allen and his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Fletcher Allen, were prominent African American attorneys in the South Bend, Indiana area. The Allens lived a relatively privileged lifestyle; however, they were very aware that their privilege necessitated a responsibility to help other African Americans who suffered injustices – social, economical, and educational. As lawyers, they worked within the system and with such groups as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and Urban League (among others) to bring about positive social change. Their efforts brought an end to the Engman Natatorium's exclusion of African Americans, and they helped bring equity to war contracts in Michiana industries for both African Americans and women during World War II. Their family law practice often took on pro-bono cases for those who could not afford lawyers of their caliber.
 

73. Mailman Foundation Records, 1980-2009 60.5 cubic feet (61 containers - 60 record cartons, 1 oversized box, plus 1 AV (MDPI) box)

Online
A.L. Mailman Family Foundation
The A.L. Mailman Family Foundation was established in 1980 as a private, successor organization to the Mailman Foundation, which was founded by Abraham and Joseph Mailman in 1943. The foundation, named for Abe Mailman and originally chaired by his daughter, Dr. Marilyn Mailman Segal, provides grant funding for projects and programs concerning early childhood education and development. Initially, the Foundation's early grants supported applied research and model programs, but based on feedback and replication issues, the Foundation began to focus on products and practices intended to inform public policy. In 1993, the Directors of the Foundation decided to proactively address larger societal issues, such as racism, violence, and poverty, in addition to their continued support for early childhood education and family care. The Mailman Foundation Records contain board meeting minutes, symposia memorabilia, annual reports and administrative files, grant files and related publications, records of contributions, and correspondence.
 
Online
Alpha Phi Omega. Mu Chapter (Indiana University)
Alpha Phi Omega is a national service fraternity founded on leadership, friendship, and service. The Mu Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega was established at Indiana University on December 15, 1929. The collection consists of correspondence, minutes, pledge records, newsletters, awards, videotapes, photographs, and scrapbooks.
 
Online
American Association of University Professors. Indiana University, Bloomington Chapter
The American Association of University Professors (AAUP) is a nationwide organization established in 1915, and is open to membership by faculty, librarians, and academic professionals at accredited public and private colleges and universities. Its mission is to advance academic freedom and shared governance, to define professional values and standards within higher education, and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. There is evidence that the Indiana University Bloomington Chapter of the American Association of University Professors was active on campus as early as 1916 and remains active to the present. The collection consists of group publications, minutes, notes, correspondence, and other related materials.
 
American Folklore Society
The Women in Folklore (WIF) Oral History Project was a centennial initiative of the women's section of the American Folklore Society. The project aimed to capture the experience of women folklorists across the country. Mary Ellen Brown, Professor of Folklore at IU, organized the project and donated the interviews in her possession to the IU Folklore Archives in 2000. The project was physically housed at the Oral History Research Center, now part of the Indiana University Center for Documentary Research and Practice, and coordinated by a graduate assistant in folklore. Interviewees include Edith Fowke, Eleanor Long, Helen Creighton, Linda Degh, Shirley Arora, Thelma James, Eleanor Long, and Frances Cattermole-Tally. The collection contains correspondence, project information, transcriptions, and audio recordings of interviews, primarily on cassette tapes.
 
American Forum for Global Education
The American Forum for Global Education (1986-2008) was a nonprofit organization created through the merger of Global Perspectives in Education, Inc. (1976-1986), which was a former branch of the Center for War/Peace Studies of the New York Friends Group, and the National Council on Foreign Language and International Studies. The American Forum for Global Education provided professional development, curriculum materials, lesson plans, and resources to educators for teaching students about global/international history, culture and sociopolitical issues. This collection is predominantly comprised of publications of the American Forum for Global Education and its predecessor organizations.
 

80. American Turners Local Societies Collection, 1866-2016 10.2 cubic feet (8 cartons and 4 flat boxes)

American Turners Northwest Chicago (Chicago, Ill.)
Many Germans immigrated to the United States following the failure of an 1848 revolution designed to introduce democratic reforms into the governments of the German states. Among these immigrants were members of the Turners, an athletic and political organization founded in Germany during the second decade of the nineteenth century. Turners quickly established societies (known as Turnverein or Turngemeinde) in the American cities in which they settled. These societies served as athletic, political, and social centers for German communities in the United States. The Turners' most important contribution to American life in their communities has been their advocacy of physical education and fitness. Turners successfully lobbied local school boards in many cities for the inclusion of physical education classes in the curriculum, and Turner instructors served as the directors of physical education programs in many school systems in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
 

81. American Turners Records, 1853-2017 33.1 cubic feet (29 cartons, 8 flat boxes)

Online
American Turners (Organization)
Immigrants to the United States in the nineteenth century founded organizations that served as social centers, maintained cultural identity, and promoted the ideals and the interests of the immigrants and their American-born descendants. The American Turners is an example of such an organization. Established by German immigrants in 1850, the American Turners advocated a liberal political philosophy and fought to protect both the political rights and the German heritage of the immigrants. The Turners encouraged the practice of exercise and physical fitness, and they convinced school boards in many cities to make physical education a part of the educational curriculum. The American Turner records include annual reports, minutes and correspondence relating to the national officers, correspondence with local societies, national convention minutes and materials, financial and membership records, national committee records, records and materials from national sporting events sponsored by the American Turners, records of the Turner Pioneers and the Women's Auxiliary, Turner publications, and materials from the German Turner movement and other organizations related to the American Turners.
 

82. America's Promise Alliance Records, 1992-2019 40 cubic feet (37 record cartons, 3 oversized boxes)

Online
America's Promise. The Alliance for Youth
America's Promise - The Alliance for Youth was founded at the Presidents' Summit for America's Future in 1997. The Five Promises to children are at the core of America's Promise and are as follows: Caring Adults; Safe Places; a Healthy Start; Marketable Skills; and Opportunities to Serve.
 

83. Anderson mss., 1967-2004 1 Box (1 standard)

Anderson, Frank J., 1919-
The Anderson mss., 1967-2004, consist of the correspondence, catalogs, and ephemera of Frank John Anderson related to private press publishing, miniature books, and book collecting.
 

84. World Famous Lessons in Jazz Collection, circa 2002-2006 1 document case (0.21 linear feet)

Anderson, Kevin
The collection consists primarily of CD-R copies of the radio series "Lessons in Jazz," produced by Kevin Anderson for MD Illegal Rap Radio. The series began airing in 2002 on Hampton University's student radio station WHOV 88.1 FM. Co-hosts of the series are Marcel "Big Cel" Canady and Montez "The Wiz" Martin.
 
Anthony Boucher Memorial Mystery Convention
The Bouchercon mss., 1970-2019, consist of program books, badges, tote bags, and other materials associated with The Anthony Boucher Memorial Mystery Convention (Bouchercon).
 

89. Arikha, Avigdor mss., 1933-2011 2 Boxes (2 standard)

Arikha, Avigdor, 1929-2010
The Arikha mss., 1933-2011, consists of correspondence from writer Samuel Beckett, 1906-1989, to Avigdor Arikha, 1929-2010, and Arikha's wife, poet Anne Atik, 1932-. Arikha's various collected periodicals, catalogues, theatre ephemera, criticisms of Beckett, and other related items.
 

90. Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Records, 1970-2010 51.4 cubic feet (49 record cartons, 1 document box, 5 pamphlet boxes, 3 flat boxes, and 1 cassette box)

Online
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) was founded in 1971 by David Horton Smith and Bill Ready as the Association for Voluntary Action Scholars (AVAS). Their vision was to create an independent and impartial forum for researchers in the fledgling field of voluntary action and citizen participation. Major activities have included an annual conference and the publication of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (NVSQ), formerly the Journal of Voluntary Action Research (JVAR); Citizen Participation and Voluntary Action Abstracts (CPVAA); and a newsletter. The organization's name change in 1991 signified diversification of the original mission, which now includes expanded outreach to researchers on nonprofit organizations and from previously neglected academic disciplines. The records consist of board and committee materials, correspondence, financial and administrative records, journals and newsletters, journal manuscript submissions, conference programs and proceedings, and grant proposals.
 

91. Athenaeum Foundation Records, 1894-2011 8.6 cubic feet (8 cartons, 1 flat box)

Athenaeum Foundation (Indianapolis, Ind.)
The Athenaeum Foundation was organized in 1991 and incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation operating under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The foundation's purposes was to acquire title to the Athenaeum, located at 401 East Michigan Street in Indianapolis; to raise funds for and supervise and direct the rehabilitation of building to maintain its architectural and aesthetic integrity as a historic structure; to educate the public about the history and significance of the Athenaeum; to foster the use of the building by the foundation itself, the building's tenants, and other organizations; and to oversee the management of the building.
 

92. Athenaeum Turners Records, 1876-2005 14.7 cubic feet (10 cartons, 8 flat boxes)

Online
Athenaeum Turners
The Athenaeum Turner organization was founded in 1851 as the Indianapolis Turngemeinde. This athletic and social organization was patterned on German clubs that had supported the 1848 revolutions that attempted to form Liberal republics in several European kingdoms. The men who established the Indianapolis Turngemeinde and the competing Indianapolis Socialistischer Turnverein (merged in 1852 to form the Indianapolis Socialistischer Turnegemiende) tried to create a community focus for the rapidly expanding immigrant population. The activist political backgrounds of many German immigrants led to a strong emphasis on the Turner idea of developing both a strong mind and strong body in order to better serve society. After the American Civil War, for which many Turners volunteered due to anti-slavery beliefs and a desire to demonstrate loyalty to their adopted nation, the reorganized and renamed Indianapolis Socialer Turnverein became the primary focus for German business and culture in the city. Certainly the German House (das Deutsches Haus), built between 1894 and 1898, was designed to serve as more than just a center for physical training since it contained a restaurant, theaters, and a number of meeting rooms. From the 1890s, the leaders of the Turner organization were also directors or important officers in dozens of prominent businesses and cultural organizations. This led to some overlap in the interaction between public, private, and political affairs in the German community of Indianapolis - and this is reflected in the collection. The outbreak of World War I and the anti-German sentiment which followed led to a renaming of the building (as the Athenaeum) and contributed to a decline in the importance of the Turnverein. The organization, now known as the Athenaeum Turners, experienced a revival during the 1950s and remained active into the 1960s, though its activities gradually became more social and less athletic. By the 1970s American acculturation and suburbanization resulted in a rapid decline in membership and financial stability and the near collapse of the Turner society. It currently exists solely as a German cultural organization. The records consist of constitutions and by-laws, board and committee minutes, correspondence, officer and committee reports, financial records, membership lists, event advertisements, brochures, newsletters and photographs.
 

97. Trudy W. Banta Papers, 1970-2016 13 cubic feet (13 Cartons)

Banta, Trudy W.
Trudy Banta is an educator and administrator in the field of higher education outcomes assessment. She retired from her position as Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs and the Senior Advisor to the Chancellor for Academic Planning and Evaluation at IUPUI in 2016. Banta spent her career as a leader in higher education assessment, authoring numerous books and journal articles, consulting at campuses all over the country, and developing and coordinating 45 national and international conferences. The Trudy W. Banta Papers consists mainly of Banta's records from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and IUPUI. It includes reports, conference papers, and articles that Banta authored or co-authored; workbooks, brochures, and notes from conferences she attended or at which she presented; and records of her consulting work at campuses around the country.
 
Barnhart, Clarence L. (Clarence Lewis), 1990-1993
The Barnhart Dictionary mss., 1929-2005, consists of the correspondence, business records, project files, reference books, notes, and proofs of lexicographer Clarence L. Barnhart, 1900-1993, and the dictionaries he edited.