Search

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Level File Remove constraint Level: File

Search Results

Campus Compact Records, 1998-2023

9 cubic feet (9 record cartons) Collection ID: MSS194

Copyright Management Center Records, 1993-2007

16 cubic feet (16 record cartons) Collection ID: UA089

Hausner, Beatriz mss., 1981-2013

20 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2258
The Hausner, Beatriz mss., 1981–2013, consists of manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence, and related materials of poet and translator Beatriz Hausner, 1958-.

Sachs-Bauer Family Letters and Documents, 1826-1903

0.57 cubic feet (2 oversized boxes) Collection ID: MSS120
In 1836 German immigrants Philip and Maria Sachs and their two children settled in Indianapolis. Over the years they received letters from family and friends in Germany and in other areas of the United States. These letters provide information about conditions in Germany and about the experiences of German immigrants in the United States.

Ferrell mss., ca. 1940-1999

200000 Items Collection ID: LMC 2718
The Ferrell mss, ca. 1940-1999, consist of the papers, writings and correspondence of Indiana University Prof. Emeritus Robert H. Ferrell.

Otto Stark Collection, 1887-1970

0.4 cubic feet (1 box) Collection ID: MSS075

Bloomington Faculty Council records, 1969-2019

20.2 cubic feet Collection ID: C179
The origins of the Bloomington Faculty Council can be traced back to a University reorganization begun by university president Elvis J. Stahr. In 1969 the Bloomington Faculty began their own council for policy and academic decisions, as the University Faculty Council became a legislative body for all faculty in the Indiana University system. This collection consists of the agendas, minutes, circulars and supporting documents of the Bloomington Faculty Council, the governing body of the university faculty on the Indiana University -Bloomington campus. The collection is organized into six series: Agendas, Minutes, Circulars, Supporting documents, Committee Files, and Subject Files.

School of Education Records, 1939-2000

40 cubic feet (39 record cartons and 3 document cases) Collection ID: UA034

Indiana University Student Senate records, 1938-1996, bulk 1944-1973

9.6 cubic feet (15 boxes) Collection ID: C206
The Indiana University Student Senate was formed in 1948 due in large part to the influence of IU President Herman B Wells. The Student Senate was charged with upholding the ideals proclaimed in the Student Government Constitution. This collection is predominantly comprised of administrative files such as meetings minutes, bills and resolutions, and subject files covering the period 1938 through 1979.

Indiana University Faculty Council records, 1947-1970, bulk 1961-1969

6.4 cubic feet Collection ID: C181
The Indiana University Board of Trustees created the Faculty Council in 1947 as a representative council that would conduct the everyday business of the university in close relationship with the administration. With a major university restructuring in 1969, the Council was divided into the current Bloomington Faculty Council and University Faculty Council system. Contained in the collection are the Faculty Council's agendas, minutes, and supporting documents. The collection is organized into four series: Minutes and Agendas, Annual Summaries, Circulars, and Supporting documents.

Indiana University Student Association records, 1953-2018, bulk 1973-2010

79.6 cubic feet (82 boxes) Collection ID: C234
Student government at Indiana University was officially formed in April 1948 due in large part to the influence of IU President Herman B Wells. Following a series of name changes, student government in 1973 became known as the Indiana University Student Association (IUSA). In 2019 they changed their name again to Indiana University Student Government (IUSG). This collection consists of the records of the IUSA including: Meeting minutes and agendas; resolutions; administrative files; records of the IUSA President , Vice-President for Senate/ Congress, Vice- President for Administration, Treasurer and the Supreme Court; association, committee and department files; and issue, project and subject files. These records primarily cover the period from 1973-2010.

Indiana University Faculty Council records, 1969-2015

9.2 cubic feet (23 boxes) Collection ID: C180
The origins of the University Faculty Council can be traced back to a University reorganization begun by university president Elvis J. Stahr. In 1969 the University Faculty began a council for policy and academic decisions for the broader multi-campus University system, as the Bloomington Faculty Council became a legislative body for the faculty on the Bloomington Campus. This collection consists of the agendas, minutes, circulars and supporting documents of the University Faculty Council, the governing body of the university faculty throughout the Indiana University system.

Indiana University Board of Trustees minutes, 1835-1859, 1883-2017

17.8 cubic feet Collection ID: C218
The Indiana University Trustees serve as the governing board of the university. Created in 1820, the current Board meets six times per year. Among the Board's powers are their capacity to possess all the real and personal property of the university; to expend the income of the university; and to all bylaws necessary to carry these powers into effect. The minutes in this collection include official acts, resolutions, policies, agreements, and other business pertaining to the governance of Indiana University between 1838-1859 and 1883-2017.

Pound, D. mss., 1943-1973, 1987-1992

6 Boxes (6 standard) Collection ID: LMC 1874
The Pound, D. mss., 1943-1973, consists of correspondence, clippings, and diaries of painter Dorothy Shakespear Pound.

Union Board records, 1912-2021, bulk 1922-2010

38.4 cubic feet (39 boxes) Collection ID: C409
The Union Board serves as the governing body for the Indiana Memorial Union, which organizes various events and activities for students on the Indiana University Bloomington campus. Established in 1909, the Union Board has since developed into the largest student programming body at Indiana University. The Collection consists of minutes of Union Board meetings and a variety of administrative documents and materials related to past programs, activities, and events.

Virginia MacWatters papers, 1862-1994, bulk 1919-1994

9 cubic feet (12 boxes) Collection ID: C352
Soprano Virginia MacWatters was known not only for her impressive operatic career during which she performed in opera houses throughout the United States, Europe, and South America, but also for her dedication to teaching. In 1957 she joined the voice faculty of the Indiana University School of Music where she remained until her retirement in 1982. She was awarded the prestigious Frederic Bachman Lieber Memorial Award for excellence in teaching in 1979. The collection consists of biographical materials, clippings, programs, teaching files, correspondence, photographs, and scrapbooks.

Miller, C. L. mss., 1951-1994

10 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2397
The Miller, C. L. mss. (1951-1994) consist primarily of correspondence, articles, drafts, and manuscripts of journalist and author Catherine Lanham Miller.

Euclidean Circle (Indiana University) records, 1907-1942

0.2 cubic feet Collection ID: C250
The Euclidean Circle, founded in 1907, was a social and intellectual club that focused on the study of mathematics. Both faculty and students could be members. This collection contains two series, Record books and Constitution, and includes meeting minutes and governing documents of the club.

Spectator records, 1966-1970, bulk 1966-1968

2.2 cubic feet Collection ID: C67
The Spectator began its existence as a weekly student newspaper in January 1966, when it was recognized as a registered Indiana University organization by the I.U. Board of Student Publications. This charter was revoked by the university administration in 1968, but the paper remained in publication as an independent paper in Bloomington, Indiana until 1970. The collection consists of records of the Spectator organized in five series: operational, financial, correspondence, submissions, and newspaper issues.

Indiana University Strategic Directions Charter records, 1994-1998

6.4 cubic feet (7 boxes) Collection ID: C60
The Strategic Directions Charter is an initiative enacted by Indiana University President Myles Brand in 1995 in response to acknowledged fundamental changes in the environment for higher education. The Charter's goal is to enact institutional changes and plans which will sustain the University's excellence, enabling it to emerge as a model for America's New Public University. A steering committee and topical task forces were created to guide Strategic Directions Charter initiatives and review proposed projects for funding. The collection includes administrative documents as well as files from funded and un-funded proposals submitted for rounds one, two, and three (1996-1998) of the Strategic Directions Charter initiative.

Beacons mss., 2006-2008

3 Boxes (3 standard) Collection ID: LMC 2669
The Beacons mss., 2006-2008, consists of the administrative files, correspondence, and manuscript materials of Beacons: A Magazine of Literary Translation and its creator and editor Alexis Levitin, 1942-.

Vincent McGee Papers, 1960-2010

39 cubic feet (39 record cartons) Collection ID: MSS102

IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law Records, 1895-2004

12 cubic feet (12 record cartons) Collection ID: UA027

John B. Patton papers, 1945-1988

5 cubic feet (5 boxes) Collection ID: C35
John B. Patton was a member of the faculty of the Geology Department at Indiana University from 1947-1986. In 1959 he became State Geologist, director of the Indiana Geological Survey, and chairman of the IU geology department. He served as department chair for 12 years and as State Geologist and director of the Geological Survey until his retirement in 1986. The John B. Patton papers span the period from 1945 to 1988 and consist primarily files related to his speeches, lectures and presentations, manuscripts, published works, as well as records Patton created while serving on various committees both within and outside of Indiana University.

Perkins, J. Greg mss., 1981-2022

6 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2890
The Perkins, J. Greg Mss., ca. 1981-2018 consists of manuscripts, revision-related correspondence, and final versions of plays, novels, and short stories, as well as scholarly writings and professional papers of Dr. J. Greg Perkins, author.

Bogdanovich mss., 1885-1994

793 Linear Feet (773 boxes, 11 oversize) Collection ID: LMC 1115
The Bogdanovich mss., 1885-1994, consists of the papers, scripts, correspondence, business records, production materials, and films of director, actor, screenwriter, producer, critic and author Peter Bogdanovich, 1939-.

Bloomington Garden Club mss., 1938-2021

18 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2377
The Bloomington Garden Club mss., 1938-2016, consists of the papers, minutes of meetings, scrapbooks, and photograph albums relating to the activities of the Bloomington Garden Club, especially the annual Garden Walk.

Lizzani, Carlo mss., 1941-2010

63.75 Linear Feet (27 boxes, 15 oversize) Collection ID: LMC 2749
The Lizzani, Carlo mss., 1941-2010, consists of the writings, photographs, scripts, audio-visual materials, correspondence, awards, newspaper and periodical articles, and unpublished diary of Italian filmmaker Carlo Lizzani, 1922-2013.

Archipelago Books mss., 1981-2024

44 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2542
The Archipelago Books mss., 1981-2024, consists of the records of Archipelago Books, founded by Jill Schoolman in 2003.

Kenneth R.R. Gros Louis speeches, 1979-2011

4 cubic feet Collection ID: C220
Kenneth R.R. Gros Louis was a long time Indiana University administrator. Gros Louis served as Vice President of the entire Indiana University multi-campus system as well as Chancellor of the Bloomington campus. In 1994 Indiana University President, Myles Brand, expanded Gros Louis' role in the university's administration changing his Vice Presidential title to Vice President for Academic Affairs. The collection consists of speeches made by Gros Louis during his academic career between 1979 and 2011.

Edward Grant papers, 1950-2001

24.6 cubic feet Collection ID: C184
Edward Grant, a Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History and History and Philosophy of Science taught at Indiana University for over thirty years. This collection consists of 24.6 cubic of Edward Grant's papers. Consists of correspondence, research, drafts, publications, and course and lecture notes. By far the largest series in the collection is the Teaching series and includes materials from Grant's years teaching as a graduate student at the Univ. of Wisconsin and then later at Indiana. The bulk of the series, though, consists of folders relating to the courses he taught in the IU Dept. of History and Philosophy of Science. The Publications series contains information on many of Grant's publications, including his books Much ado about nothing and Source book in medieval science.

Mitchell, B. mss II., 1970-2016, 2001-2012

40 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2603
The Mitchell, B. mss II., 1970-2016, consists of the correspondence, translations, author/title files, professional and personal files of Professor and Translator Breon Mitchell.

Benjamin, Ross mss., 2010-2014

2 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2734
The Benjamin, Ross mss. consist of manuscripts, corrected page proofs, and drafts of Benjamin's translations from the German.

Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus Records, 1950-2001

32.4 cubic feet (31 record cartons and 1 document case) Collection ID: UA051

Polis (Project On-Line Indianapolis Study) Center Records, 1991-2001

50.2 cubic feet (49 record cartons, 3 document cases) Collection ID: UA023

Phyl Garland Collection, approximately 1945-2006, bulk 1972-1992

22 document cases (9.24 linear feet) Collection ID: SC 111
The Phyl Garland Collection consists primarily of personal papers, including original typescripts for Garland's columns in Ebony and Stereo Review, and related research and photographs. Also included are 41 original audiocassette recordings of interviews conducted by Garland (except as noted) primarily with various African American musicians, artists, and filmmakers. Topics include African American composers and musicians as well as various genres of music including, but not limited to, jazz, R&B, soul, rock, classical, and blues. Record company publicity materials include publicity photos and press releases for over 900 artists.

Poynter Center records, 1971-1998

23.4 cubic feet (24 boxes) Collection ID: C590
The Poynter Center for the Study of Ethics & American Institutions is an endowed ethics research center established in 1972 at Indiana University Bloomington. The collection consists of the Center's administrative files arranged by subject, documenting the creation and growth of the center and its programs and events. Materials include correspondence, reports, syllabi, program and seminar materials, video and audio tapes, and photographic materials generated and received by the Poynter Center.

Sigma Theta Tau International, Inc. Records, 1920-2016

161.5 cubic feet (135 cartons, 8 document boxes, 4 flat boxes, 3 microform boxes, 938 audio tapes, approx. 313 video tapes, 265 optical discs, 254 floppy disks, 77 zip disks, 3 flash drives, 3 artifacts) Collection ID: MSS051
Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) is an honor society for nurses committed to fostering excellence, scholarship and leadership in nursing to improve health care worldwide. STTI is a society of nursing leaders who are active in research, education, and practice in the field. As an honor society, it recognizes those who excel in their field and emphasizes the importance of continued professional enhancement. The International Center for Nursing Scholarship, located on the campus of Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in Indianapolis, Indiana, is the headquarters of STTI.

Slocum mss., 1955-2012

50000 Items Collection ID: LMC 2681
The Slocum mss., 1955-2012, consists of the papers of Jerry Slocum, 1931-, and the Slocum Puzzle Foundation.

Martone, Michael mss., 1978-1993

6 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 2768
The Martone, Michael mss., 1968-2021, consists of the papers of Michael Martone, 1955- , author of several novels, collections of essays, and many pieces of short fiction.

McGreevey mss., 1942-1980

68 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 1699
The McGreevey mss., ca. 1942–1972, consist of the correspondence and writings of John William McGreevey, 1922‑2010.

Grunwald Gallery of Art records, 1970-2015, bulk 1990-2015

4 cubic feet (4 boxes) Collection ID: C581
Since 1983, the Grunwald Gallery of Art, formerly the School of Fine Arts Gallery (SoFA), has presented contemporary works by both professional and student artists in a special exhibition format. The records in this collection include exhibition publicity, audio and visual materials, and photographic slides spanning 1970-2015.

Curle mss. IV, 1901-1968

7 Boxes Collection ID: LMC 1845
The Curle mss. IV, 1901-1968, consists of the papers of author, traveler and bibliophile Richard Curle, 1883-1968.

Borns Jewish Studies Program records, 1972-2010

13 cubic feet Collection ID: C407
The Robert. A. and Sandra S. Borns Jewish Studies Program was established on the Bloomington campus in 1972 with the aid of a Lilly Endowment. It is now one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the interdisciplinary study of the Jewish people and civilization. The collection consists of the program's administrative and subject files documenting the creation and growth of the program and includes correspondence, reports, newsletters, videos, and photographic material.

Thorp & Dickson mss., 1831

1 Box (1 standard) Collection ID: LMC 2703
The Thorp & Dickson mss., 1831, consists of materials relating to the organizing of anti-reform petitions in the County of Northumberland in response to the Representation of the People Act 1832.

James A. Woodburn papers, 1876-1983, bulk 1880-1940

3.4 cubic feet (4 boxes) Collection ID: C83
James A. Woodburn was a long time professor of history at Indiana University. The collection consists of the correspondence, personal items, and publications of James A. Woodburn and is organized into four series.

President John W. Ryan speeches, 1971-1987

13.2 cubic feet (14 boxes) Collection ID: C45
Dr. John W. Ryan was the fourteenth president of Indiana University, serving from 1971 until 1987. This collection is comprised of his speeches.

Indiana University President's Office records, 1976-1995, bulk 1987-1994

166 cubic feet (166 boxes) Collection ID: C501
Thomas Ehrlich served as the 15th president of Indiana University, from 1987 to 1994. He graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School, serving in several legal and academic posts before his appointment as IU president. The collection consists of administrative files and correspondence related to the performance of duties as IU president.

Indiana University School of Music Dean's records, 1994-2001, bulk 1997-1999

8.2 cubic feet (10 boxes) Collection ID: C571
David G. Woods is a leading educator and researcher in the field of music who became the Dean of the Indiana University School of Music on July 1, 1997 and served until 1999. This collection consists of records created and collected during his time as Dean, and it includes the administrative files of his office including correspondence, records on master classes, and plans for the Distance Learning Program.

Indiana University University Division Dean's records, 1942-2008, bulk 2000-2007

4 cubic feet (4 boxes) Collection ID: C346
The University Division was established at Indiana University Bloomington in 1942, under the name of Junior Division. Originally created as a response to wartime conditions, the University Division currently serves as an academic advising system for freshman and sophomore students who have not yet selected a major. The collection consists primarily of records from Sally J. Dunn's tenure (2000-2007) as Dean of the University Division and includes correspondence, records related to University Division programs, brochures, reports, administrative files, advising files, and publications.