1. Herron School of Art and Design Records, 1902-2014 89.4 cubic feet (87 cartons, 1 document box, and 10 flat boxes)
IU Herron School of Art and Design
The Herron School of Art and Design has provided instruction in both fine and commercial art since 1902. Founded by the Art Association of Indianapolis as part of the John Herron Art Institute, the school became part of the Indiana University system in 1967 and one of the schools of IUPUI in 1969. The school's faculty, students, and alumni have won several prestigious awards and gained national recognition for their work. The school was located in buildings at 16th and Pennsylvania Streets until 2005, when it moved into Eskenazi Hall on the IUPUI campus. Records include correspondence, minutes, reports, newsletters, exhibition programs and promotional material, publications, videotapes, and glass slides.