Search

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Names IUPUI (Campus) Remove constraint Names: IUPUI (Campus)

Search Results

 

3. IUPUI Women's Club Records, 1968-1985 1 cubic feet (1 record carton)

IUPUI (Campus). IUPUI Women's Club
This collection contains the records of IUPUI Women's Club, a social club of IUPUI women employees. The club started as the Women's University Club of Indiana University, Indianapolis in 1968 and changed its name in 1970 when Indiana University merged its Indianapolis programs with Purdue University. Constitution and bylaws, materials related to membership, meeting minutes, finance committee's papers and materials related to programs are included.
 

8. School of Medicine Records, 1848-2013 294 cubic feet (286 cartons, 5 flat boxes, 3 bound books, 2 manuscript boxes)

Brater, D. Craig
The Indiana University School of Medicine emerged from a number of private, proprietary medical schools that existed in Indianapolis in the nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries. The most important of these private medical schools were the Medical College of Indiana and the College of Physicians and Surgeons, both of which operated in Indianapolis. In the first decade of the twentieth century efforts began to try to merge these private schools under the state universities then in Indiana, Purdue University and Indiana University. The merger of several medical schools under Purdue University was short-lived. In 1903 Indiana University established first year (classroom) medical studies at Bloomington, and in 1907 merged with the Medical College of Indiana and the remnant of the Purdue medical school to establish clinical instruction in Indianapolis. In subsequent years the School of Medicine was housed in Indianapolis on a large campus with several hospitals, clinical, and research facilities. First year medical studies were moved to Indianapolis by the 1950s.