Search

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Campus Indiana University Bloomington Remove constraint Campus: Indiana University Bloomington Names Lilly Library Remove constraint Names: Lilly Library

Search Results

 

3. Galsworthy mss. II, 1925-1933 0.2 linear feet (1 box)

The Galsworthy mss. II, 1925-1933, consists of correspondence and manuscripts of New York bookseller Louis Henry Cohn, 1889-1953, relating to his interest in and collection of English Nobel Prize winning author John Galsworthy, 1867-1933.
 

8. Evans, Montgomery mss., 1918-1952 0.4 linear feet (1 box)

The Evans, Montgomery, mss., 1918-1952, are letters and papers of Montgomery Evans, 1898-1954, book collector. They consist principally of letters to Evans from literary figures. Some of them are mounted in books in the Lilly Library which came from Evans' library.
 

9. Esarey mss. II, 1830-1865 12 items (1 oversized folder)

The Esarey mss. II, 1830-1865, consists of a commission to Jonathan Davis Esarey, 1783-1858, as associate judge of Perry county, Indiana, 1830; deed for the transfer of real estate in Crawford county, Indiana, by John Hughes to Tolbort T. Yates, 1840; land grants to Jonathan Davis Esarey, 1837, 1841, to John Hughes, 1840, 1841, and Jesse Clark Esarey, 1817-1869, soldier, 1858; a commission to Jesse Clark Esarey as an ensign in the 12th regiment, Indiana Militia, 1841; report by Jesse Clark Esarey of the Perry county Oil Rifles, 1865; certificate issued to Jesse Clark Esarey for study and drill at the school of instruction at Burnside Barracks, 1862; a bill for rations furnished for picket duty at Cross Roads near Hitt's blacksmith shop, July 13-18, 1863, at the time of Morgan's Raid by G.W. Hitt; and a diploma to Louisa E. Hight from the Monroe County Female Academy, 1856.